Friday 25 November 2011

Contacting the Primary Care Trust (PCT)

After not receiving any confirmation on the funding approval for my surgery from hospital 23/11/2011, I decided to phone the PCT direct myself on 25/11/2011.
Once I got through to the main switch board and explained I was trying to check on funding approval for Gastric Bypass surgery which had been sent by the hospital, I was directly patched through to the correct department. However with great disappointment no one answered and I was transferred directly to an answering machine.

I Left my name, Hospital reference number, and what I was calling about, hung up and hoped that someone in the near future may return my call or advise the hospital.
Well I should have had more faith, as within one hour of calling the senior PCT manager called me directly at home, confirmed that he would approve the surgery funding and additionally would write to the hospital next week (28/11/2011) to confirm.

Wow......I am now on the home run and now have the green light for surgery; the big question now is when.

No comments:

Post a Comment