Tuesday 2 August 2011

Follow up letter from Consultant

Today (02/08/2011) I received a letter from the hospital, and oh boy did my heart drop.

Good news or bad?

Well my jaw dropped to the ground, the letter seemed to detail all of the points raised in my 1st hospital appointment (15/07/2011), almost to word. Very detailed....well impressed.

The consultant that I saw was a Professor of Surgery and this of course gave me some confidence at the time that I was seeing a professional and not just some junior doctor.
The letter included weight loss history, medical history, employment, social history, support network, exercise, diet, motivation / current barriers to weight loss &| recommendations. The offer to make contact by e-mail to hissecretary was made and this was very reassuring in the modern day of communication.

The letter detailed my first choice, which was the Gastric band surgery and was very clear that whilst they will plan a final assessment nearer the time of surgery if my weight had increased they would have to regretfully cancel the operation.

No comments:

Post a Comment